Monday, February 11, 2008

I am back- I think?

I have just spent the last hour or so surfing the net looking at all the new CHA releases that came out over the weekend - [I sooooooooooo want to go to it next year] and I admit I am always excited about most of the new things coming out on the market and I want it all yesterday. I love the new lines of paper that are coming out from all my uber favourites, Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Minds Eye, Luxe and there are many more.

However the one thing that has really really caught my creative heart and soul..................is from Fire and Ice Designs.t they have the most cool trasparent album and I can hardly wait for the local stores to start stocking them. Follow the link to their blog and you will see the awesome product and pages that they have designed. I sense a real winner!

I wanted to share with you some of the pages that I have made for our 6 pages in 3 hours class coming up on February 23, 2008. Join me from 7 to 10 and then stay for the late night crop. I would like to remind you that mine are only samples and I encourage each of you to make your layouts your own in my class. So bring your favourite Alphas and rubons and Lets get scrapping!

This 36 year old photo features yours truly as the Big Sister. I loved these dresses and I know and appreciate the work that went in to the making of them. For those of you taking the class you don't have to use an 8x10 you could use a collection of smaller photos. So bring your pictures and I will help youi present them on the page. Bring your favourite rubons, chipboard etc. to add to your layouts.

This is the first of a two page co-ordinating layout using the luxe line of papers. My title Memories is a Rub On Title that I have been saving so bring your favourite title medium with you and I will help you create the layout that is special for you. My version of this layout uses a 5x7 photo but we can change it to suit your photos.

This layout features a unique postage stamp fee. To create my one of a kind postage stamp I combined my circular rubons and stamps. Bring your stamps and rubons and let me help you create a special postage stamp. The photo is a 4 x 6 that has been trimmed down.

So that is four of the six layouts for this class would you like to see number five?


This fun layout features the Cosmo Cricket line of papers and the fun sayings that they have. To enhance these already awesome papers I used The Fancy Pants Acrylic stamps, Tim Holtz's Distress Embossing powders, A clear embossing powder, A Fibre of unknown origin, Bazzill cardstock. This layout uses two 4 x 6 photos one of which was trimmed down. The photo doesn't share with you the multi layers of dimension that make this layout fun.


As Valentines fast approaches I wanted to leave you this cute card idea. This was created with a template that was share with me- but rather than follow the rules and playing nice I did it my way from start to finish.

Have a great Valentines week and remember to share that love all year round.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Awesome LOs, Dawndawn! { thumbs up! }