Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Another Folio


Hey everyone, just wanted to take a moment to share with you a Foto Folio I put together using the design elements I learned from Kathy Orta.  These are amazing elements and so versatile that you can use them in any combination.

T\his particular book is going to my dear Scrappy friend Thelma who is always doing for other's. Well this coming weekend is her daughter's wedding. Shortly after the wedding the pictures will come flowing in and I know that she will be busy putting together a beautiful album for he new son and daughter, so I thought perhaps I would make sure she too had a brag book to take to work and on her many trips.  Thelma is my soul sista and there can never be to many photos to remind us of our loved ones and those epic moments in life. So my last count she should be able to fit an easy 100+ photos and memoribilia.




Yes that barking in the background belongs to my fur baby....Caine who objected to the door being closed with him on the opposite side of the me and the camera.


For the information of the Kathy Orta Pita's that may stop by to visit... I created the hinges with 1/2" spaces to allow for the texture I was including and because I know Thelma I wanted her to have room to add her special touches as well.  I started with folio number six and then grabbed pages and idea's from each of the other five to make it meet my intended needs.  I used a combination of Bo Bunny Serenade Garden and Recollections Signature Paper Pad.  Ribbons from Offaray the red was a bit to bright so it was stained using Ranger distress ink Fired brick to make it closer to the blood red I wanted. 

 The flowers were cut from scraps using my Favourite Ranger Tattered Florals. Misted with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and then crumpled up into balls  to dry. Then carefully unfolded and stacked to create my flowers. The tuile ribbon was put on a Glubber dot and the flower added in the center.  Prima black swirl rhinestone were cut apart and new swirls created.
 I have always loved the charms on the spine. So I pulled out some of my favorite charms and beads that I have been saving for that special project.  Including one that Thelma sent me to use for myself. LOL   I hope that she will be proud to share her cherished photos as she is a very accomplished scrapper herself.  Love you girl!


No comments: