Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Trisha Ladouceur



Well it was a incredible weekend with Trisha Ladouceur. For those of you not familiar with her she is a Prima Donna (chuckle ) hmmm that doesn't sound so good if you don't know the whole deal. Trisha is a product designer and educator for Prima Designs - so in this case being a Prima Donna is perfect.

I was lucky enough to be able to take all of her classes that were this past weekend it was truly a major marathon of scrapping and learning. I remember looking at the sample projects and thinking these are so not me. Most of you know I am not about "Flowers" and that orange and pinks as a rule are not my color choice.

I have to admit I was excited to learn at the hand of a master but resistant to accept "those Flowers". Well I have to admit that before the weekend was done I was in possession of Prima Flowers yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you all read correctly. Trisha has done what no one else has been able to do in my 12 years of scrapping, acknowledge that they do have a place in scrapping and a fine place it is. I will admit beyond a doubt that I didn't play nice or follow the rules when it came to to using the flowers. I inked them, and added gold leafing. and added my own creative centers. Trisha was really cool and supportive about me taking her project and making it my own. So I am showing your bits and pieces of my projects and for those of you that like to try new things watch in the up coming months as I create with Prima.


I apologize for the poor quality of the photos but as you know my poor DSLR is not functioning at the moment. So as soon as I can I will get some better pictures of these projects.

1 comment:

Trisha Ladouceur said...

Awesome job on your projects Dawn!!!! I love, love, LOVE how you were not afraid to step outside of the box and make the projects your own. I am all about that and always try to encourage my students to try something new. I not only taught all of you fabulous ladies this past weekend, but I also learned a lot from you ladies too! Like the alcohol ink on the Prima crystals... how cool was that???!!!!!!!!! LOVED it! You too are a talented artist and thank you for taking the time to participate in my classes at Just Scrap It!

OH! And welcome to the Prima Club. They truly are addictive and you will have fun with them. I am looking forward to seeing more of your Prima creations!!!

Happy Scrapping!
Trisha