Saturday, November 21, 2009

Something Scrappy that takes me out of my box

Those of you that know and love will know that scrapping anything that is not distressed, inked, misted or glossy accented is as far out of my box as I can get.

So have I done one page out of the box...........perhaps two.........are you all sitting down.......we are in the midst of a WHOLE 12x12 album........yeah you read it right people......

One of my colleagues is off to soon give birth to a wonderful new baby girl....and I wanted to do a baby album. Well Mom loves all things Winnie the Pooh so here are some samples of the pages.

A Princess is born was created from the desire to play with my new Copic Markers that were recently acquired..........thats a whole new addiction that I will have to post on later. So all the doodling is my freehand doodles. Don't tell anyone but all the stickers, cardstock and ribbon are sooooooooooooooo old that I can't even vaguely remember where they came from or what product line they belong to. My goal for this album is to scrap with scraps and stash and I am pleased to be successful so far.
Just One Look....will let you know that this is not my typical form of scrapping, the Cricut characters are flocked (Roo and Rabbit) and glittered or Glimmer Misted (Owl). I know that that first glimpse of this little bundle will have Mom and Dad melting and wondering how they got along without her all these years. I have to admit that I am really hoping that I can do the family photo shoot in the next couple of weeks when this bundle of joy arrives.


Ohana Means Family, and family means your never alone..........I know its not from Winnie the Pooh's writings but it is one of my favourite sayings. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have had to pull together basic family tree information for my kids, so I hope that this little one will never forget where to look for her start. Each tree has approx. 200 hand punched leaves from all sorts of green pattern paper scraps. The tree trunks are curved out to add my manditory need for dimension (oh come on people you didn't expect me to scrap flat too?). Glimmer mist is everywhere to provide shimmer and shine on leaves, trunks and grass. I will be honest with you all this is one set of pages that I am gonna have a hard time letting go.......... I know that the new Mom and I have also talked about the possibility of having this layout framed into a shadow box for the babe's room......A real keepsake.

I have some more pages in progress and I will share them with you as they are completed. I might have to make myself a duplicate book.......and wait for the FAR OFF DISTANT (all of my kids are noticing the FAR OFF DISTANT is emphasized?) Day that a grandbaby blesses my world.

While I have your attention................

Thank you to everyone for your words of encouragement, support and prayers. The surgery has been completed, and while there were more tumours than expected (6 small and 1 large) they have happily all been removed (which was not what was expected) there remains the waiting time for the biopsies to return with the official results but a positive outlook is predicted. So now time will be my allie as my body regains its strength for the next challenge life throws our way.

So watch out everyone.........I am getting ready to create and design and teach and share the wonders of Tattered Angels Products. Just look below and see what wonderful things Bob bought for me last night........I am so excited to play!

I tell you folks this stuff is so much fun! Well off to rest for a bit

Make it a GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments: