Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Supreme International Scrapbooking Tournament 2014

Good Morning Everyone!  Yes here I am once again popping in to share some creative bits.  These two pieces are for the International Supreme Scrapbooking Tournament of which I am lucky enough to be one of the 12 members on Team Canada. I might add that I am in the company of some very talented ladies that ensure Team Canada is gonna be a force to reckon with.

This event goes for eight weeks  and there were be several challenges to be completed until we are down to a head to head competition. The tournament is starting out with 200 people world wide. At the end of this first challenge only a 100 will move on.  There are two divisions a scrapbooking and mixed media group and a card making group.

Our first challenge for the Card Divas as we are known is to make an ATC (Artist Trading Card) that represents a quote or pharse aboout home.  The restrictions were that it had to have the quote/ saying about home visible on the card, no flowers, no spray inks no images of a house. Nothing cut from a machine.

So for my piece I have pulled out the scraps of Graphic 45 papers, Rangers Stickles and Distress Inks, Tim Holtz Gears, and beaded chaain, I am not sure where the clock image came from as it was a scrap too.



The Scrapbooking Divas had a home themed challenge as well, it had to be a double page spread with the theme of 1000 steps from my home. It must contain a minimum of three photos, no spray inks and must contain a minimum of 50 words of visible journaling.

So my take away from this is that of the 1000's of photos that I take in a year...very few are outside my house in my neighbor hood. In fact I had to go all the way back to photos from 1998 to do this project. I will have to work on that.

So for this challenge I used Candian Scrapbookers Super stock white cardstock, Rangers Distress Inks, Tim Holtz trims, Making Memories Rub on Letters ( now there is a blast from my stash, lol), Sizzix brick die, and window box die from the Tim Holtz collection. Oh and my Trusty Zig writer.

So I am proud to say that every single bit of this was from the stash (my goal in this challenge is to use up what I have and only replace adhesives). A word to the wise.... don't let your 6 month old puppy hang with you unless you want to change your whole design. After spending hours cutting and trimming out the bricks I left them on the table and went to the bathroom. Pleases note that I was not smart enough to lock up the puppy and as a result found my self short a few brick pieces and of a much different shape than I had intended.  Upon reflection I think Caine did me a favour but I wasn't feeling it at the time.

The title is Looking through My Windows




1 comment:

elina said...

love your layout!!! the brick background is awesome!